Set-up Technician – 3rd shift
September 20, 2022
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Complete set-up and changeovers of injection molding machines.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Experience and proficiency in the set-up and changeover of both hydraulic and electric injection molding machines of 25 to 400-ton press sizes, as well as all related secondary equipment (i.e., material pumps, chillers, and temperature control units).
- Installation Qualification responsibility to ensure press is set-up to requirements provided by Engineering and/or listed in the installation validation protocol.
- Responsible for material management – the scanning of material in/out of IQMS when pulled and then the return of material to inventory.
- Perform line clearance at the end of each production line.
- Perform color refill as needed on every press.
- Establish the production process using saved press programs and the standard listed on the traveler. Use forms and work instructions on the computer.
- Understand and use travelers, blueprints, engineering specifications, Standard Operator Procedures (SOP) as required to perform set-ups and correct problems following Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Meet turn around time goal for set-up.
- Understand and operate all press controls and operator interfaces.
- Place material and color at presses while following proper IQMS inventory transactions.
- Maintain accurate written records and use the IQMS system as required for documentation.
- Be knowledgeable of all the requirements involved in starting up and/or closing down the plant.
- Promote safety by abiding to all related policies and procedures.
- Participate in and lead training initiatives and 5S activities to improve personal and co-worker skill sets.
- Communication with prior and oncoming shifts to give work assignments and expectations to achieve production requirements and promote shift interaction and awareness.
- Communication with supervisors, manufacturing engineers, maintenance technicians, quality assurance personnel and press operators.
- Hold a valid Fork Truck license within 90 days of hire date.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by lead and/or supervisor.