Provide engineering support for new business opportunities and process support for operations.
Process Improvement and Cost Reduction
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY
· Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, works with sales and customers to help define and meet customer requirements.
· Supports sales and manufacturing personnel to achieve company’s performance goals.
· For new products assists with product design, quote preparation, and process validations.
· Works with Engineering Manager, Operations and QA personnel on new product launches.
· Executes validation and qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) protocols for new products.
· Assists in specification of testing for products and materials.
· Responsible for maintaining project timelines as assigned by supervisor.
· Identifies process improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
· Participates in cross-functional problem solving teams.
· Recommends tool modifications or repairs.
· Investigates new technology as assigned by supervisor.
Has daily contact with Engineering Manager to discuss project status. Has regular contact with Operations to work on process improvements and cost reductions. Meets with Toolroom to review drawings as required. Has occasional contact with Customers and Suppliers.