September 20, 2022
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provide support to the production process specifically in the maintenance, modification and repair vital equipment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, manuals, and written instructions as necessary to complete an assigned task.
- Proficient in use of hand tools, power tools, maintenance shop equipment. Examples of typical equipment would be a lathe, grinder, drill press, pipe threader, etc.
- Capable of performing a variety of tasks from the simple such as toilet unplugging to the complex troubleshooting and repair of electronic and electrical devices.
- Be able to use standard measurement tools such as dial indicators, multimeters, bore gauges, thread gauges, torque wrench and other tools.
- Be able to install electrical conduit, 100# air lines, 60# water lines. This would include scoping the job, determining proper equipment and material per cord and completing the job in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain plant mechanical equipment and systems to insure efficiency and minimal downtime.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair production presses and associated equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair hydraulic systems and components.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical distribution systems and devices (includes motors, lighting systems, plant electrical – 240V and 480V systems).
- Perform preventative maintenance and housekeeping.
- This is not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Be able to perform minor HVAC troubleshooting, repair and maintenance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge/experience beyond minimum requirements
- Knowledge of mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics and electronics
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
- Two year technical/trade school or specialize in a technical skill (i.e. HVAC, Electrical, etc.)
- Plus is a journeyman card for electrical, machine repair or millwright.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently that support the productions environment.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out assignments or request assistance when required.
- Computer Skills
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems to clock in and clock out of production jobs.
- Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time.
- The employee must be able to walk steps between the floors in the building regularly.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee may be required to work long hours exposed to high heat and humidity.
- Work Environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- All employees will be provided training on working safely, evacuation procedures, accident reporting and other safety topics the company feels are necessary to ensure and maintain a safe work environment from hazards to the employee.
- An employee who does not feel safe or recognizes an unsafe practice, should report it immediately to their supervisor as a recognized responsibility of the position.