Purpose of the Job
Manage all aspects of manufacturing processes from inception to conclusion.
- Manage a team of Technicians, Process Engineers and Project Engineers responsible for the design and implementation of manufacturing process, equipment and control systems.
- Launch all prototype and production processes, insuring that all timelines are created accurately and communicated to the customer weekly.
- Order and maintain all prototype and production tooling.
- Establish and improve process capabilities to yield OPPM
- Develop and maintain process documentation
- Analyze problems using analytical solving techniques to provide systematic resolution to root cause
- Manage development projects that are designed to meet customer product specifications, delivery and cost expectations and compliant to GHIF validation guidelines.
- Work with other engineering team members to design manufactural new products.
- Develop, test and implement new materials and processes for improved performance and/or lower cost and lead cost reduction efforts in assigned process areas
- Lead initiatives to increase throughput, reduce cost and improve performance in constrained areas
- Implement appropriate HR strategies and actions to recruit and retain a qualified and motivated workforce
- Participate in APQP activities to ensure that process and tooling concerns are addressed to successfully implement product launches.
- Create and refine process documentation, fixtures, etc. for new processes
- Oversee sampling for dimensional and visual validation of new molds
- Establish, report and monitor appropriate key performance metrics to ensure effectiveness of standardized systems
- Create, implement, and continuously improve a system for proactively and reactively cleaning, repairing, and maintaining cold pots, molds, fixtures, etc. in the production area
- Support the quality function in corrective and preventative action implementation for internal and externally recognized failures.
- Lead and support continuous improvement activities to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Three (3) plus years Managerial Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Previous experience in medical injection molding (silicone & rubber)
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems – IQMS preferred.
- ISO-13485 experience
- Good Analytical and math knowledge